Resurrection (The Guardians of Vesturon, #2) - A.M. Hargrove
Following in the footsteps of its predecessor “Survival” the cover to “Resurrection” is amazing! I absolutely love it! We get an imaginative look at Vesturon. And did anyone else notice the mark of Vesturon Blood cascading in the waters? My only disappointment was the marks of the first born were not weaved into the cover somehow. Although I could be wrong on that fact as I have a kindle copy and sometimes—cover art can be tricky. I did notice etching around the title.

Hargrove must have a genie in a bottle whipping up her title names. Not only is Maddie resurrected from for being a helpless human who seem to always be at the grips of death time and time again, but Rayn finds himself in a fight for his own life. All while Maddie is becoming an independent free thinking female with her own strengths and abilities. Hargrove managed to stun me as she continued to weave a plot with more mystery and utter heart breaking moment that seized my very breath.

Hargrove didn’t slack on character development as she intertwine the plots from book one and built a solid foundation for the series to thrive upon. “Resurrection” begins where we were last left in “Survival” and takes you on a emotional journey full of up’s and down’s; twist and turns. You will be on the edge of your seat unable to turn the pages fast enough.

This was another terrific read from Annie Hargrove and she ends the story with an unexpected twist involving Rykerian, it’s enough of a teaser to definitely interest me in reading the third book! I honestly can’t wait to see Maddie surrounded by more of the humans she loves.

Disclosure: I participated in Read it Reap in the Shut Up & Read Group and a copy was provided to me by the author. No payment was received by me in exchange for this review. There was not any obligation to write a positive review. All opinions expressed here are entirely mine and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, the book's publisher and publicist, or the readers of this review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.