Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake What can I say… I am a huge horror movie fan. Have been for as long as I can remember. When I found out my reading group was reviewing a horror book I was all over it with a hell yes!
Then reality hit… it was a YA book and I was extremely hesitant knowing the author was going to hit the mute button. WOW!!! Was I surprised… Anna Dressed in Blood packed the perfect punch for a YA book.

The plot was refreshingly original, fast- paced, suspenseful and nonetheless predictable. I loved the large dose of horror with the witchcraft and voodoo thrown in for good measure.

I also loved how KB took it one-step further and held nothing back. She took off the kid gloves most YA author wear and socked it to the reader. KB vivid realistic details of the gore and violence will have a timid reader sleeping with the lights on.

And it is impossible for us to forget how bold KB is and that she is unafraid to drop and f- bomb here and there to bring together a story that mercilessly haunting.

Anna Dressed in Black is the perfect read for the haunting time of year. The publisher recommendation is for ages 12 and up and with as jaded as kids are today I can see that, my 11-year-old loved it!