The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) - Carrie Ryan The forest of hands and teeth: Book 1 "Forest of hands and teeth Series"

Star stats:
Jaded Adult:
4 Stars
Forever Young: 5 Stars
Over All: 4 1/2 Stars

I must say, I wasn't all that impressed with the cover art and wasn't expecting much from the book either. Boy was I wrong. CR had a way of pulling me into the story that had standing stunned like a knot on a log.

CR truly spent time developing her characters. You had a love hate relationship with each and every one. From the first chapter you are immediately drawn in. The ending was disappointing to me. Such a massive loss of wonderfully invested characters. I can't wait to start book two.

I however made the mistake of reading the Maze Runner series before diving into this series and couldn't help to draw parallel conclusions. It read to me like fan fiction and the characters could have been the descendants of the Maze Runner and so much time had passed all was lost. You have to read both series to draw the conclusion for yourself. I didn't even make the connection it was my daughter. And I can't help to agree with her.