He Came For Me - C.M.   Brown The cover was what first drew me to "He Came For Me". I didn't have a clue what I reading as of late I tend to judge a book by its cover. I fell instantly for the vivid color scheme. Something about the pink, blue and purple took me back to my teen years on a basketball team called the Power Puff Girls. So you know, I just had to read. Usually, when I choose a book by its cover I never go wrong. However this time I think I bit off more than I could chew.

Don't get me wrong, I managed to finished the book. I felt obligated as my teenage daughter repeatedly reminded me that she managed to get through it, so could I. It just has that rushed to publish feel about it. Brown has a great outline for a story that has the potential if put back on the drawing table has the premises to be a great trilogy. Everything from the beginning, where I can't decipher if Jazz is in her senior year of high school or if she is in college, this includes later as Jazz bring up the fact that her parents pay for her private education. The only thing I'm clear on is her age and that didn't clear up the type of educational institution Jazz would attend as in the US, at eighteen some kids still attend high school as others attend their first year of college. Another thing that bothered me was the apple tattoo that the vampires were marked with. I will be honest my mind drifted to the story of Adam and Eve, where Eve tempted Adam with an apple (thought the fruit was not specifically mentioned). It seems in this case we have Adam tempting Eve.

The last issue I have is a big one; the relationship between the characters. I searched desperately for something to grasp to. I wasn't given a chance to feel for the characters. As a matter of fact the only thing I felt was similarities to other characters from other series without feeling. And the relationship between jazz and Seb seemed forced and unnatural. However, I think most of my issues boils down to the language used by the narrator. The narrator felt like a eighty year old pretending to be sixteen again only failing to lose the maturity.

All this being said, I did finish more because the curiosity to see where the relationship between Jazz and Seb would lead. What can I say I'm a sucker for romance. Not to mention that I do plan on reading the second book in the series just to find out if Jazz ends up with child, what comes of Seb's home land, if Jazz's visions come to past and more about the apple tats.