Blind Date, Checkmate (ebook) - Veronica Blade Veronica Blade has teamed up once again with Crush Publishing to deliver this heartwarming novella about heartache and renewed loved. Veronica does it again with cover art is a simple design to let you know the fire that brews in pages beneath.

Although it is a short read Veronica Blade did an excellent job at capturing the turmoil that seems to plague every woman at some point in her life. However, for this tale we meet Shelby a twenty-six year old successful realtor who had her heart ripped out of her chest nine years prior when her soul mate Logan moves away and dumps her.

Never fully mending from the loss, Shelby has one bad relationship after the other and is only able to commit to a vagarious workout routine (If only I had followed Shelby commitment instead of the Ben & Jerry’s). She finds herself on a blind date with the very guy who crushed her so many years before.

When Logan weasels himself back into Shelby’s life claiming he never stopped loving her, will she be strong enough to guard her hear? Determined, head long not to allow her heart to be broken, Shelby throws up every wall she possible can at Logan. Will it be enough though? Does Logan love her? What will be the defining moments in Shelby’s life? Will she live happily ever after?

I look forward to future writing from this author no matter the genre Veronica Blade does such an excellent job at weaving every story she writes and still in some way leaves you hungry for more.

Disclosure: I participate in Author Reviews and a copy was provided to me by the author. No payment was received by me in exchange for this review. There was not any obligation to write a positive review. All opinions expressed here are entirely mine and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, the book's publisher and publicist, or the readers of this review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.