Lover Awakened - J.R. Ward If you’re banking on simple, sappy, romance where the hero completely sweeps the woman off her feet and they sleep together the first night and love concords all; then this most definitely is NOT a book for you. Zsadist and Bella have to work for their love! This is no lame romance novel it’s the dark and edgy reality of Zsadist world. And it’s impossible to put the book down once you pick it up.

Zsadist the main hero in this third installment of the Black Dagger Brotherhood and plagued by his horrific past of both sexual and physical abuse alone makes the book a stand out. Ward ventured to go where no author I can think of has gone. She take readers on an emotional agonizing journey of sexually abused male and the damage done to the beautiful soul he once was, making him the man he is today all while helping the character come to term with his past for the sake of his future.

Throughout the course of this magnificently written novel, I had a variety of emotions; I laughed, cried, gasped, shuddered and shrilled. To put it simply it was engrossing and I was sucked in (no pun intended) from page one. Ward continued to deliver a solid, crafted story that delivered three-dimensional characters and remained in control of the plot. I for one can’t wait for the story in the world that Ward has built to continue.